Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hitch

For reasons that are none of your business, I can't yet post my annual Christmas sketches. In the meantime, I figured I should post something, even if these are still incomplete.

Last year, in an act of petty atheistic rebellion, I decided to watch Antichrist on Christmas Eve. After that somewhat self-inflicted wound, I decided this year to try again, this time to honor my favorite atheist, Christopher Hitchens. I tried last year when he died, but didn't like the sketch. As I am now unemployed, I've decided to take the time to challenge my ever-present weakness in art: painting/rendering. Unfortunately my caricatures aren't that strong either, and he could probably do with a bit more exaggeration of his features, but oh well. Here's what I have so far for the Hitch:




One day I'll be able to hide that outline layer...

I also have been meaning to do an illustration of Nausicaa. I've gotten as far as settling on a thumbnail sketch:


No comments: