Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chun Li vs Cammy



Once again couldn't bring myself to work the outlines into the paint :) Also I'm noticing a few of my recent pieces have been sharing a similar color scheme... like this one and this one. I think I'll call this my blue and magenta period.

I've been watching a couple videos on digital painting and picking up a few tricks here and there. I'm working flatter (fewer layers - still not as flat as they do in the videos) and using a base background color that I color over on another layer, not at full opacity. This makes it a lot easier to experiment with the HSL sliders and quickly change the color scheme, by tying the whole piece together.



Here are the thumbnail and outline stages:




1 comment:

OddParticle said...

Great perspective. Keep it up :)